The Slide was built and opened during 2016 as one of the new attractions to the park. It starts at the lower observation deck of the ArcelorMittal Orbit and twists around the structure, involving four direction changes, down to ground level.
- It is constructed from 3mm thick stainless steel.
- It has both clear roof sections and internal lighting.
- From top to bottom, travellers journey through a 178m long tube.
- It starts at 76m above ground, the same height above ground as the eyes on the Statue of Liberty.
- It takes between 35 and 40 seconds to make the journey.
- Speed through the tube is around 6m per second, or about 15 miles per hour.